- H.M.S. CARDIFF
was the second ship with this name.
A light cruiser of the CERES class, she was launched in April 1917 and
commissioned in June, the same year - amazingly quick progress.
She then became the flagship of
the 6th Light Cruiser Squadron, which was part of the Grand
July 1917. In 1918, as WW1 ended she was
honour of leading the German High
Seas Fleet to
Internment. Between the wars she was the flagship of the Royal Navy's Africa
station, and spent her time cruising the coast of Africa calling at various
places to 'show the flag'. The ship was sold early 1946, and broken up a
couple of months later.|