REFERENCE No: 507
COST: 3.75
ORDERS OF £5 OR OVER ARE POST FREE - SEE NOTE AT END OF MAIN PAGE

Location - MOLESEY LOCK & ROLLERS- River Thames at East Molesey
Date: - 1903-4
Size in mm (approx): - 140 x 88
Publisher: A.S.
Publisher's Card No: - 334 Also numbered on the picture 74627
Used: A ½d pale green stamp of Edward VII - place not clear - Date:- JY 25 04 - addressed to Harvey Collingwood Villas, Stoke, Devonport
Condition: Picture is excellent with only slight wear to the corners
Further Information: It may have been Regatta day here. The ROLLERS were added to Molesey lock in 1871 to enable small craft to navigate to a different level even when the river water level was low. The bridge visible in the right middle ground is the old Hampton Court Bridge 1865~1033

Satisfaction Guaranteed - Click this link to find out more
HOW TO ORDER

Design & construction by Vic Gardner 2000   Click the 'back' button on your browser to return