: The original "Flying Machine" at Blackpool. Made by Sir Hiram Maxim & Co
Ltd, London, as named around the base of the machine. The invention was
first shown at the Bradford Exhibition (q.v.) of 1904. It was a great
success, and one of its decendants still 'flies' in Blackpool to this day.|
|Size in mm
:(approx) - 138 X 88|
: The Advance Series (The Artistic Publishing Co, Blackpool|
|Publisher's Card No.
A ½d green stamp of Edward VII, cancelled at BLACKPOOL SP 7 04.
Addressed to Ashworth, Ashton Road, Denton
A good quality print - a bit
finger-marked on the back - corners a little worn|