- BOGNOR - The beach & Parade looking East - photo taken from the
|Size in mm
(approx) - 138 X 88|
Victor Gravure P.R.|
|Publisher's Card No.
P.P.Cds Copyright No.1071|
Only the very slightest of wear to the corners|
- Animated scene
on this ever popular beach. The women are starting to show signs
of a little liberation on the beach. There is a lady sat in one of the
fishermans boats with her family. 10 Bathing machines available . On the road
an early char-a-banc is parked up.
The large building at the left is the Beach Hotel. It was raised to four
storeys in 1911, and had its white coat removed. A paved slip-way for the
boats has been made (just beyond the Bathing Machines).Bognor becomes Bognor
Regis in 1929 following a visit by King George V|