REFERENCE No:194
COST: 14.50
ORDERS OF £5 OR OVER ARE POST FREE - SEE NOTE AT END OF MAIN PAGE

Location - CHESTER, Cheshire - St. Werburgh St, from Eastgate St. PARR'S BANK (left) & BANK of LIVERPOOL (right)
Date - c.1905 - dated from dress styles
Size in mm (approx) - 139 x 90
Printer - Un-attributed - Printed in Hessen - Nassau
Printer's Card No. - Not numbered
Un-used:
Condition - perfect
Further Information - The building on the left is Parr's Bank (see the name on the corner of the building above the two men). It changed to London County Westminter & Parr's in 1918, then Westminster Bank in 1923. It continued with the change to National Westminster in 1968, thence to NatWest. The corner has been re-modelled with the modern entrance where the man is in front of the horse. It is still NatWest. On the other corner is the Bank of Liverpool. It still bears this name on a carving underneath the bay of the wooden window above the head of the woman in black. In 1918 it became the Bank of Liverpool and Martins, and ten years later it was just Martins Bank, which in turn went to Barclays in 1968, after which it was sold off. It is now a shop. The building between the two, at the end of the street is Chester Cathedral, and the current Barclays Bank is round to the side of the cathedral. Note that the young lady in the centre is pushing a rare type of Victorian 'penny farthing' pram.

Satisfaction Guaranteed - Click this link to find out more
HOW TO ORDER

Design & construction by Vic Gardner 2000 Click the 'back' button on your browser to return