- GISCLAR BRIDGE, Pyrénées Orientales,
South of France.
- On a section of the mainline railway from Villefranche to Bourg-Madame,
this very unusual style of bridge is said to be a 'suspension' bridge, but I would
say it is a 'cable stayed' bridge. The topmost cables are joined to the base of
the opposite pilars, whereas all the other cables forward and rearward are
joined to the deck. Its overall length is 234 metres, and it carries the one metre gauge electric railway across
the valley of the River Têt, linking the towns of Planès and Sauto.
It was built between 1906 and 1908|
- £ 3.50 POST FREE in U.K.*|
M.T.I.L. (on a clover leaf)|
|Publisher's Card No.
- Excellent, with only the very slightest hint on wear to the corners.|
- pyrenees orientales gisclar gisclard cassagne bourg madame villefranche
||Click the 'back' button on your browser to return